How to Fix If FireStick Remote : Amazon Fire Stick remote is not working? Amazon Fire Stick is one of the best streaming media devices in the market today. You can watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and listen to music on this device. The only problem with it is that it is not working or you are unable to connect your Amazon Fire Stick to your Wi-Fi network.
After installing FireStick Remote on your PC, you will be asked to connect to the FireStick Stick via Wi-Fi. The app then scans for all of your other devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. After a few seconds, it finds all of them and shows their serial numbers in a list on screen. This list can be exported and printed out as an easy reference for any tech problem you might have.
Amazon Fire Stick remote not working is a common problem. When you have this issue, you need to take some steps to fix it. Here are some tricks that will help you.
FireStick Remote Not Working
There are many problems that can come up in the firestick remote such as not being able to connect to your device, not being able to change channels, or even just no picture. This guide will help you fix any problems you might be having with your FireStick / Fire TV Stick Lite / Fire TV Cube remote.
What is Firestick Remote and Basics?
This is a question that we have received quite often and to answer this, we need to understand the basics of the FireStick remote.
The firestick remote is a device which allows you to control your TV. It consists of three parts:
1. A transmitter (transmitter) which plugs into the power outlet on your TV
2. A receiver (receiver) which plugs into the HDMI port on your TV
3. The app for smartphones or tablets that lets you control it from anywhere in the world over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
The FireStick remote sends signals from the transmitter (transmitter) to the receiver (receiver). Sending a signal means transmissions happen in between two devices. This can either be by infrared, radio or more advanced systems such as Bluetooth.
Check FireStick Apps
Now you need to remember that there are three parts of this device; which means it needs power for each person who is using it every time. The typical flow of energy goes like: One application running on the device needs to transmit a signal, this requires power.
When that application is not open or active (off), then no battery will be consumed and you have more saving energy because the device does not need battery anymore. This means you can use additional features such as Wi-Fi remotely from your smartphone over Bluetooth into your TV if so needed. When those three setup steps are done, once again apps being started may still require the battery to work. So for the sake of this answer, let’s assume that we have a single app open on our device when this question is asked and you choose “No”, then all (1 + 2) are completed, therefore there will be active power usage on your Firestick Remote.
Check the Fire Stick Remote Batteries working or not
Firestick remotes are important accessories that we rely on for our TV and gaming. In case you’re one of those who have been using the Firestick remote, you might be aware of the fact that the batteries inside these devices tend to die out over time. You have to change them every few months and that is not an easy task for a lot of people. However, you do not have to worry about that anymore because there are some ways that you can keep your remote batteries lasting longer.
Batteries play a vital role in the Fire TV device. They keep the Fire TV powered, ensuring that it can stream content at all times. This is why the Fire Stick Remote batteries need to be charged regularly. The remote has an internal battery which powers itself and lets you navigate and control your Fire TV device using voice commands.
The remote fire stick battery that goes with the device is a common need to have. Most of the people buy it because they are not sure how long it would last. And after some time, it starts giving them an issue which ultimately destroys their enjoyment and usage of the product. There are many companies that offer services for fire stick remote batteries, but there are very few who make use of this power bank and make it an amazing product.
Did You Pair the FireStick Remote Correctly
FireStick Remote is an app that enables you to control your Fire TV or Fire Stick. It is a useful tool if you are using a remote that has limited buttons and can be used on any platform running the Amazon Alexa voice assistant. If your remote isn’t paired with your Fire Stick, it won’t work. Replacement remotes always need to be paired before you use them.
If a button does not work on your Fire Stick remote, it’s usually because the remote is not properly paired with your Fire Stick device. If it isn’t paired, try pairing your device by holding down the Home.
Still doesn’t work? Time to reset your remote so it finally does work.
This tool comes in handy when you need to change settings on your TV or when there is no button available for the task at hand.
1. Open the Fire TV app on your phone or tablet
2. In the top left corner, select “Settings”
3. Select “Fire TV Remote”
4. On the left side of the screen, tap “Device settings”
5. Tap “Pair new device”.
6. Enter a name for your remote and then tap “Next”.
7. Select “Ok” and then follow the instructions
8. You will be directed to download a small app, install it on your PC or tablet device.
Under Bluetooth go here: Alexa Fire Stick – Remote Setup For steps 2-6 select 5 by yourself, as described above in set up remote (step 1). 7) When you are done with button pressing procedure for your Amazon TV; this App works perfectly fine without tapping button anymore!
Check FireStick Buttons working or Failed
If you are using a FireStick device and the remote control buttons do not work, this is most likely due to an issue with your TV or video receiver.
To fix this problem, you will need to make sure that the remote controls are being recognized by your TV or video receiver. To do this, press the “TV” button on your remote control for a few seconds and then release it.
This should let you know if the signal is being received by your TV or video receiver. If it’s not, check with the manufacturer of your device to see if there is an update available for your FireStick remote controller.
How to Reset Firestick Remote?
To reset your remote, then follow Below steps:
- First Disconnect your FireStick from the power source (either unplug the adapter from the power outlet or from device)
- Now hold down the – Back button , Menu button, Left part of the navigation ring, (all of them together) for at least 20 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from the back of the remote
- Power your Fire Stick device and wait for the home screen to appear
- Now, put the batteries back inside the Fire Stick remote
- Wait at least for a couple of minutes
- Your Fire Stick remote may have already got paired. If not, then hold down the Home button for at least 10-20 seconds.
Note : This Process will not reset the remote to Default factory settings. It will only reset your remote so it starts working on your Firestick device.
Firestick Remote Not Working After Reset
If your firestick remote is not working after reset, you need to update the software of your device.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. From the home screen on your TV, press the Settings button on the remote and select System Update.
2. Select Download Now from the available options and wait for a notification that indicates when it’s done downloading.
3. Connect your firestick to the same Wifi network as your phone or tablet. The device will then update your FireStick software and allow you to use it again.
Check the fire stick remote compatibility
the Fire Stick remote is compatible with all major streaming devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku and Chromecast.
There are many benefits of using a Fire Stick remote:
• It saves you from having to switch between apps or use your phone to control your television.
• It makes it easier for people who have disabilities that affect their hands and fingers such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
• It’s smaller in size than other remotes so it doesn’t take up too much space on your coffee table or nightstand.
If you have bought the remote from somewhere outside then it might not work with your current Fire Stick device model (ex. Fire TV Cube and Fire TV stick 4K that uses 4K firestick remote). There are a few good and popular 3rd party remotes that you can use with your Fire TV & Firestick devices without having to buy the official ones from Amazon or Google (which require you to give them full access). They will work fine
Is Your Fire tv Stick Remote Damaged?
A damaged remote can be caused by a number of things. Most commonly, damage is due to excessive use or lack of care and neglect. if your remote has a button that does not work then the firestick is most likely damaged. The only way to fix this issue is by using a new remote.
If you want to replace your current remote, it is easy to find a new one on Amazon for only $10.
Remember that custom remotes are not from Amazon directly. They can be third-party remotes sold by individual merchants. So before you purchase, check out the ratings (4+) with Reviews of the seller to make sure they are good or bad people and their products will work for your needs and purposes.
Use Amazon Fire TV Remote App
Amazon also has a Firestick/Fire TV Remote app that can be installed on your iPhone, Android Phone, iPad, or other tablets.
Download the app and set it up with your Fire TV or Firestick device. Make sure that your smartphone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
The Fire TV Remote app is available on both Android and iOS devices so that you can use it to control your phone while controlling the screen of your television or projector via Amazon’s media player (Firestick) using their apps for this.
I personally use ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secured VPN in Internet World. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire Tv Stick. You Can get 3-months free and save upto 50% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with This Service, you can Get refund.
Replace the Fire TV Remote
If the remote is still not working, replacing or getting additional remote is the last thing you will have to do in case the above steps fails to fix the problem yet then Please Buy New Remote for Firestick Device.
Firestick remote not working is a common problem and need to be solved. There are many ways to fix this issue, let us know which one you have tried. Have you had any issues with your FireStick remote? If you would like to ask an additional related questions or requires more information about FireSticks Remote Tricks, please feel free to contact us using the below Comment Section.
Frequently Asked Questions
FireStick Remote Not Working is a common issue with many FireStick users. It is not due to a faulty remote, but because of an issue with the software or firmware on your device.
First of all, it’s important to know that your Firestick Remote isn’t broken. It’s just the software on your device that has stopped working properly and can be fixed by updating the software.
It is recommended to check whether there are any updates available for your device or not before trying to update it manually.
If your FireStick remote is not working, you can try the following solutions:
1. Make sure your batteries are charged.
2. Remove and replace the batteries in both remotes.
3. Ensure that the batteries are installed correctly in both remotes (refer to your user manual).
4. Replace the remote with a new one if it is damaged or broken.
There is a possibility that your remote control for Fire TV Stick may have stopped working after the update.
First, try unplugging your device and plug it back in. If that doesn’t work, then you can try resetting your device by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and pressing the Home button on the remote until it restarts.
1. By connecting it to your computer using the HDMI cable and using the Firestick’s on-screen keyboard.
2. Connecting it to a TV with an HDMI port that has its own remote or one of these compatible remotes: Harmony Remotes, Universal Remotes, and Logitech Media Remotes.
- 25 Best Torrent Sites Working List
- Best Free Sports Streaming Sites
- Best Movie Streaming Sites list
- Awesome IPTV Services for FireStick